Air Force Materiel Command IT SPECIALIST (INFOSEC) in Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to plan, organizes, directs, and coordinates significant and complex cyber security assessments which have a direct impact on the AFSC depot mission. Researches, analyzes, and determines available options or feasibility of different approaches to resolve complex cyber security issues; defines concepts and criteria for future assessments or resolves major controversial problems in current assessments. Provides recommendations to alter standard practices, processes, and known techniques.
Learn more about this agency
- Leads complex teams across AFSC in conducting cybersecurity Risk Management Framework (RMF) assessments on AFSC IDM ISCs applying National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), DoD, and AF controls/requirements
- Functions as AFSCs lead technical specialist and expert in cybersecurity for critical systems and devices to include unclassified, classified, and high risk systems
- Subject matter expert and senior advisor for AFSC for new technical/cybersecurity core competencies with a variety of installation and functional area organizations across AFSC
- Serves as a senior level consultant and senior level technical subject management expert to the Senior Executive Series (SES) Authorizing Official (AO) and SCAR?s responsible for cybersecurity of IDM ICSs
- Prepares the Security Assessment Report documenting the issues, findings and recommendations from the security control assessment, and reassesses re-mediated control(s) as required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal and Regulatory Guidance
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- For more information on Acq Demo please go to DoD AcqDemo Homepage http://acqdemo.hci.mil/ and Fact Sheet http://acqdemo.hci.mil/faq.html
- Position may require an appropriate security clearance
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below: Attention to Detail, Customer Service, Oral Communication, and Problem Solving AND one year of specialized experience at the next lower broadband NH-2210-III,or equivalent to the next lower grade GS-2210-13 or equivalent in the Federal Service. Specialized experience must include plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates significant and complex cyber security assessments which have a direct impact on the AFSC depot mission. Researches, analyzes, and determines available options or feasibility of different approaches to resolve complex cyber security issues; defines concepts and criteria for future assessments or resolves major controversial problems in current assessments. Provides recommendations to alter standard practices, processes, and known techniques.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
- Expert knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques of IT assessment, planning, management, monitoring, and evaluation as well as knowledge of the principles, methods, or tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating, managing IT projects and resources, monitoring and inspecting costs, work, and contractor performance. Ability to lead and manage information systems planning, development, implementation, operation, and maintenance. 2.Knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools for the coordinated management of IT programs to include providing oversight of multiple IT projects, integrating dependent schedules and deliverables, and related activities such as life cycle management and program governance.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods to identify, analyze, specify, design, and manage functional and infrastructure requirements; includes translating functional requirements into technical requirements used for logical design or alternative technologies or approaches. Ability to research and analyze external products to determine their potential for meeting mission requirements and business needs.
- Knowledge of concepts, practices, and techniques used to identify, engage, influence and monitor relationships with individuals and groups connected to IT work/development efforts. Includes those who are actively involved, those who exert influence over the process and its results, and those who have a vested interest in the outcome. Ability to work effectively with customers to assess their requirements then provide information, expertise, and assistance to satisfy those needs.
- Knowledge of organizational mission and function and how to work effectively within its social, political, and technological systems to achieve measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results. Ability to determine objectives, make sound, well-informed, and objective decisions, set priorities, cause change, and accomplish organizational goals.
- Ability to analyze complexities of existing technology, review/revise/develop policy, initiate plans for enhancements, and provide management sufficient technical and cost analysis information, through written documentation and oral briefings, to render informed judgments.
ADDITIONAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
- This position may require work to be performed during hours outside the normal duty schedule.
- Incumbent must obtain and maintain an appropriate security clearance.
- Meet certification requirements for IAM Level II in accordance with DOD 8570.01M.
- Knowledge of IT Platform Information Technology (PIT) systems, enclaves, software, hardware, networks.
- Knowledge of cyber security concepts and regulatory guidance.
OTHER Significant Requirements:
Information Assurance Certification is a condition of employment. This position includes information assurance (IA) work as either a paramount or incidental duty requirement. Per DoD 8570.07-M, the incumbent of this position must achieve the appropriate IA certification within six months of assignment of these duties. A waiver of this six month requirement may be granted per DoD 8570.01-M, C22.214.171.124 or C126.96.36.199. Failure to receive the proper IA certification may result in removal from position.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants):Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
A complete Application Questionnaire
Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number.
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.
- Online Application - Questionnaire
- Resume - must include beginning and ending month and year for each employment period
- Transcripts - must contain the university logo (can be a copy)
- Registration/License - active, current registration/license if applicable for the position
- Veterans' Preference - a copy of your DD Form 214 which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of purple heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference). ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS: The VOW Act Chapter 21 of Title 5, United States Code (U.S.C.), Section 2108a, requires Federal agencies treat active duty service member as veterans, disabled veterans, and preference eligible, when they submit, at the time they apply for a Federal job, a "certification" of active service in lieu of a DD214, assuming the service member is otherwise eligible. A "certification" letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. The service member's military service dates are necessary in order to determine whether he or she meets the definition of "veteran" under 5 U.S.C. 2108(1). The "certification" must reflect the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date of submission. The "certification" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin (if applicable), your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Further, under paragraph (h) of the rule, agencies are required to verify a qualifying separation from military service prior to appointment, through the DD214 or other appropriate documentation. Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Active duty members that fail to provide a valid "certification" of service with their initial application will be found "not eligible." Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 05/21/2018
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link:https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10210327
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Applicationbutton at the end of the process. If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 10210327
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
Agency contact information
Tinker AFB 3001 Staff Drive Tinker AFB, OK US
Learn more about this agency
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application.Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499432500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 05/15/2018 to 05/21/2018
Salary: $103,106 to $157,663 per year
Pay scale & grade: NH 4
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent