St. Mary's Good Samaritan Scrub Technician - Surgery in Shawnee, Oklahoma
Under the supervision of the Staff Registered Nurse, Team Leader, Charge Nurse, Nurse Manager, or Director, perform the role of surgical specialist in the surgery department and perform patient care activities as assigned to assist the Staff Registered Nurse or Physician.
- Anticipate and plan routine care for the patient based on basic knowledge of surgical cases and anticipate some unexpected patient and surgeon needs.
- Perform in the surgical technologist role, both running the table and assisting the surgeon on all routine and basic surgery cases utilizing the principles of surgical asepsis, infection control, universal precautions and life safety.
- Maintain an orderly and organized work environment and take responsibility for the maintenance and care of all equipment.
- Demonstrate beginning prioritization skills, implement basic problem solving skills and with direction and prompting, perform within a coordinated manner when delivering care in high stress environments.
- Demonstrate the operation and function of instrumentation and equipment for routine cases performed in surgery.
- Maintain instrument sets, demonstrating understanding of appropriate sterilization methods and share knowledge with less experienced staff on cases, equipment and instrumentation.
- Graduate from a school of surgical technology or equivalent experience (three - six months).
- Current CPR (Healthcare Provider).
- Three months of previous surgical experience or new graduate from a school of surgical technology.
- Certified Surgical Technologist.
St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital –
St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital is a 102-bed acute care facility with approximately 60 physicians and 550 health care professionals that has been serving the health care needs of the Shawnee, Okla. community since 1964. The hospital offers a wide range of services that include cardiology, oncology, surgery, emergency services and urgent care. Formerly known as Unity Health Center, SSM Health finalized an agreement to bring Unity into our system in 2012. St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital offers the community extensive diagnostic services close to home. Additionally, it provides urgent care services in a new location that includes in house lab services and X-ray for the convenience of patients. St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital has been recognized for quality by Press Ganey and the Oklahoma Quality Award, and the hospital is a Certified Healthy Business.
Organization: St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital
Primary Location: Oklahoma-Shawnee-St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital
Work Locations: St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital (0024) 1102 W. MacArthur St. Shawnee, 74804
Job: Clinical Support & Technical Services
Req ID: 18005091