SMG Technical Services Manager in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
POSITION: Technical Services Manager DEPARTMENT: Operations REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Technical Services Manager for SMG/Chesapeake Energy Arena and Cox Convention Center. The Technical Services Manger operates and maintains department equipment, schedules and coordinates full time, part-time and contract technicians for all technical aspects of the facility, and manages the Audio Visual services for most convention, trade shows and live events at Chesapeake Energy Arena & Cox Convention Center, portions of which are currently provided by a third party contractor who report to the Technical Services Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluate and organize staffing needs and provide necessary event day support as it pertains to in-house responsibilities for Oklahoma City Thunder events, Oklahoma City Blue events, and other events held on site.
- Schedule and supervise services provided by full/part-time employees and or freelance/contract employees, including time allotment and materials/equipment requirements for facility event operations.
- Provide services as needed or manage and oversee the services provided by a third party audio visual services company for AV event coordination; audio visual services, supplemental rental equipment and building asset modification as needed.
- Determine proper work procedures and examine completed work by AV contractors for completeness and quality.
- Monitor, approve and/or provide connections to the buildings electronic systems as required for safe and efficient building operation.
- Develop, implement and perform maintenance procedures for sound systems, matrix displays, video displays, electronic marquees, radio equipment (individual radio programming and maintenance of trunk and repeater systems), lighting control systems, intercom systems and the RF television distribution system (including TV's).
- Maintain and monitor facility inventory related to technical services.
- Work hand in hand with Information Technology Department staff with certain systems that require crossover participation of the two departments.
- Assist with the budget as related to operating and event expenses, facility system upgrades and energy conservation program.
- Prepare purchase orders for departmental equipment and needs.
- Prepare billing invoices as necessary for events staged at Reliant Park.
- Supervise employees and sub-contractors; recommend personnel actions such as promotions, discipline or discharge; interview, select and train personnel.
- Read and interpret equipment performance charts and control equipment to evaluate the efficiency of each system.
- Review the operational procedures of the department to evaluate efficiency and make recommendations on staffing levels.
- Investigate, analyze and resolve operational and maintenance problems; develop and implement preventive maintenance program for all facility electronic equipment.
- Become familiar with and utilize in-house Smart Maintenance System and SMG Issues Tracking logging systems.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, holidays, and weekends as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
A Technical Degree from an accredited two-year college and six (6) years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate proper knowledge and use of procedures, techniques, machines, materials, equipment and tools used in technical construction, operation and maintenance of facility audio, visual and other systems.
- Possess knowledge and experience in operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services, and technical requirements for the type of events anticipated at the facility.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of facilities audio, visual displays and other systems.
- Be familiar with the principles and techniques of supervision, training, budget preparation and purchasing.
- Know and guarantee that all laws, codes, ordinances, policies, procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules/regulations and emergency procedures are followed.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Read and comprehend blueprints, drawings, manuals and other related materials.
- Have design skills and knowledge of current equipment necessary for upgrading and installing expanded audio visual systems as well as RF television distribution systems and other related systems.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or a stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Word, Excel and other standard office software.
- Meet physical demands of the job which require climbing, lifting and carrying.
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events. Note
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
To apply online, go to the web address below:
HR Recruiter- Candace Mack SMG‐Chesapeake Energy Arena/Cox Convention Center One Myriad Gardens Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73102
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 405 602-8500
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled