St. Mary's Good Samaritan Sterile Processing Technician - Instruments in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Under the direction of the Mgr, Sterile Processing, care for and maintain surgical instruments and trays. Major areas of responsibility include instrument decontamination, cleaning, observation for broken parts, maintenance, assembly and wrapping of instruments and/or trays.
- Collaborate with Supervisor to make recommendation for updates of instrument processing, storage and set up.
- Correct, clean and reassemble instrument sets utilizing instrument count sheets. Correctly wrap and prepare sets for sterilization based on knowledge of sterilization methods required for specific instruments/equipment. These activities must occur on a consistent basis.
- Display flexibility towards schedule changes, reassignment and assisting other employees in the Surgery Department.
- Obtain correct instrument or instrument set and deliver to the patient operating room in a timely fashion upon request of an item.
- Prepare, sort, file, copy and distribute correspondence, forms, reports and other documents in a timely, efficient manner.
- Promote positive interrelationships with patients, visitors, physicians, staff and other hospital employees.
- Utilize automated processes and clinical information systems appropriately and efficiently.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Able to read, write and follow verbal orders.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous health care experience preferred.
About SSM St. Anthony's Hospital
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national health care organizations.
Organization: St. Anthony Hospital
Primary Location: Oklahoma-Oklahoma City-St. Anthony Hospital
Work Locations: St. Anthony Hospital (0040) 1000 N. Lee Ave Oklahoma City, 73102
Job: Clinical Support & Technical Services
Req ID: 17009200