St. Mary's Good Samaritan Social Worker - Behavioral Health in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Interview patients and family members referred to the department by their physician or treatment team. Obtain information about home environment, family relationships, health history, and patient's personality traits to facilitate discharge placement. Counsel patients and family members through individual conferences to understand, accept, and follow recommendations given by Treatment Team. Assist family and patient in consult with other medical team to promote discharge to appropriate level of care by communication to alleviate apprehension and promote ongoing communication. Utilize such resources as family and community assistance agencies to aid patients in resuming a productive life within the community.
- Foster, participate and is knowledgeable in Shared Accountability as defined at St. Anthony; support and participate in the work of depart-based council. Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for own practice, continuing education, competency and quality. Participate in committees, teams, councils and work groups.
- Initiate delegated tasks from Therapist and other treatment team members based on demonstrated competence in performing social work services for patient population served.
- Interview patients and family members referred by the Therapist or treatment team and obtain information about home environment, family relationships, health history, and patient's personality traits. Counsel patients and family members through individual conferences to understand, accept, and follow recommendations given by the treatment team. Utilize such resources as family and community assistance agencies to aid patients in resuming a productive life within the community or move to the most appropriate LOC such as nursing homes, assisted living whichever is most appropriate or safe discharge for patient.
- Arrange for hospital discharge of patients, and assist in arranging placement at patient's home or appropriate health care facility. May arrange home equipment and transportation. Assure that discharge plans are approved by the patient’s third party payer and/or inform the patient of financial requirements and alternatives.
- Work with Therapist and pre-determined screenings to proactively remove barriers to next LOC. Counsel with patients and families to aid in reducing anxieties or fears concerning the patient's status prognosis, and care plan. Accomplish by referrals to resources, education, relationship development and anticipating patient needs. Confer with hospital personnel as necessary, and act as liaison between patient, hospital, and family.
- Maintain current and accurate case records for each patient containing the nature of the social problem, how patient and family are encountering or adjusting to the problem, and what is being done to assist or alleviate problems. Document all actions for treatment team communication in Medical Records.
- Maintain knowledge of community resources. Work with team members to actively update Community Resources book by participation in community action groups as aware of meetings.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Bachelor's degree in social work.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver Provider).
- Current licensure by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Social Workers.
- Prior social work experience.
St. Anthony Hospital –
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national health care organizations.
Organization: St. Anthony Hospital
Primary Location: Oklahoma-Oklahoma City-St. Anthony South
Work Locations: St. Anthony South (0135) 2129 S.W. 59th St. Oklahoma City, 73119
Job: Professional Services
Req ID: 18005420