SMG Restaurant Host in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
The Restaurant Host duties include managing guest's reservations, setting up the seating rotation for all reservations, greeting and seating guests upon arrival, and working closely with the front of the house staff to ensure needs are being met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Greets guests as they arrive and take them to their seats.
- Plan out the seating chart and organize the reservations
- Provide menu, explain specials, introduce the Server and answer any immediate questions the guest may have.
- Must have basic knowledge of arena layout
- Ensure that the dining room, entryway and bathrooms are kept clean throughout operations
- Directs and instructs the dining room personnel on customer needs to ensure customers receive fast and quality service from the moment they arrive.
- Ability to operate POS cash register
- Make sure all menus are wiped down, free of spots or stains, and complete
- Make sure entry doors are clean, free of debris and inviting
- Ensure that all guests with special needs or request accommodations are met. This may include services needed for small children, as well as for individuals with disabilities or food allergies.
- Perform all opening, side and closing duties as well as all daily and weekly duties to the set standards as outlined in a Job Task Checklist.
- Attend pre-shift, weekly and monthly meetings to be well- informed about all events, promotions and other news concerning the restaurant.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
This position has minimal supervisory responsibilities. In the event supervisory responsibilities are temporarily assigned, they must carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- At least 1 year of Hostess experience is required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Willingness to learn new concepts and ideas
- Ability to communicate and interact with co-workers in a positive manner
- Positive, customer service oriented attitude at all times
- Strong knowledge of sanitary practices
- Knowledge of full service restaurant operations & terminology
- Promptness and efficiency of all actions
- Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks
- Attention to detail
- Must be punctual and prepared to report for duty
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must speak and understand English well enough to converse with customers, co-workers and supervisors.
- Frequent standing and walking
- Repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and fingers
- Frequent stooping and bending
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force rarely, and /or up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently.
- May be exposed to vibrations during events caused by extreme noise.
- May be exposed to strobe lights/lasers during events.
- Moderate to extreme exposure to noise during events.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
APPLY ONLINE AT:
Applicants who need a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process may contact (405) 602-8500.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled