SMG Restaurant Busser in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
The Restaurant Busser's duties include assisting restaurant servers, clearing, and resetting tables. The Restaurant Busser must also work closely with Hostess and Food Runner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Communicate with everyone in the kitchen, under the guidance of the Executive Chef, Sous Chef & Restaurant Manager.
- Responsible for clearing tables and resetting tables properly.
- Communicate with Hostess and Food Runner to ensure that all guests' needs are being met.
- Stock work stations and complete all delegated side work.
- Position duties may include any other tasks as deemed necessary by managers in order to fulfill the obligations of the daily operations of the restaurant.
- Maintain cleanliness at work areas and stations at all times.
- Perform all opening, side and closing duties as well as all daily and weekly duties to the set standards as outlined in a Job Task Checklist.
- Attend pre-shift, weekly and monthly meetings to be well- informed about all events, promotions and other news concerning the restaurant.
- Must follow all SMG policies and procedures
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
This position has minimal supervisory responsibilities. In the event supervisory responsibilities are temporarily assigned, they must carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Previous experience with in a restaurant environment is required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Willingness to learn new concepts and ideas
- Ability to communicate and interact with co-workers in a positive manner
- Positive, customer service oriented attitude at all times
- Strong knowledge of sanitary practices
- Knowledge of full service restaurant operations & terminology
- Promptness and efficiency of all actions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES cont.
- Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks
- Attention to detail
- Must speak and understand English well enough to converse with customers, co-workers and supervisors.
- Must be punctual and prepared to report for duty
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Frequent standing and walking
- Repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and fingers
- Frequent stooping and bending
- Exerting up to 75 pounds of force rarely, and /or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 15 pounds of force constantly.
- May be exposed to vibrations during events caused by extreme noise.
- May be exposed to strobe lights/lasers during events.
- Moderate to extreme exposure to noise during events.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
APPLY ONLINE AT:
Applicants who need a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process may contact (405) 602-8500.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled