SMG Restaurant Bartender in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Bartenders prepare and serve drinks to customers in bars and restaurants at the Chesapeake Energy Arena and the Cox Convention Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. All other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Responsible for ensuring compliance with SMG's Nine Steps to Responsible Alcohol Beverage Service to include:
Checking customer's identification in order to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- No more than a 2 drink minimum per person.
- No service to intoxicated customer.
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons
- Basic recipe knowledge for common cocktails, wines and spirits
- Ability to mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, in order to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Complies with Health Department and ABLE Commission regulations
- Order or requisition liquors and supplies, as needed during events
- Accountable for all physical inventory
- Ability to operate POS cash register
- Maintain accurate cash handling procedures at all times
- Accurate counting of cash and coins
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned area and bar equipment
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
This position has minimal supervisory responsibilities. In the event supervisory responsibilities are temporarily assigned, they must carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- At least 21 years of age or older
- At least 1 year of experience at a high volume facility required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Current ABLE commission alcohol beverage permit required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work with other staff members in the facility
- Excellent organizational, planning, communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks
- Ability to be creative and maintain a quality product
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Consistently standing
- Manual dexterity to handle coins and currency
- Repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and fingers.
- Occasional stooping and bending
- Repetitive lifting and reaching with hands and arms
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or up to 15 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 5 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- May be exposed to vibrations during events caused by extreme noise.
- May be exposed to strobe lights/lasers during events.
- Moderate to extreme exposure to noise during events.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Travel negligible
- Shifts vary -- Required to work any shift needed (as scheduled)
- Ability to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
APPLY ONLINE AT:
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 405-602-8500.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled