RELX Group Manager of Business Intelligence - SST - Stillwater, OK in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Manager of Business Intelligence - SST - Stillwater, OK
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Manager, Business Intelligence - SST Software - Stillwater, OK
SST Software, a division of Proagrica, seeks a Manager of Business Intelligence. Candidate will utilize complex market research and their product development acumen to make product launch successful.
Candidate will prepare detailed specifications for the product development team, based on their research and discussions with stakeholders. The specifications will describe the target market for the product, prioritizes the important features, and set out the target pricing structure. Candidate will monitor the design and development of the new product to ensure that it continues to meet the product requirements. If the development team encounters technical or cost problems, Manager,Business Intelligence may consider or recommend changes.
Carry out market research to identify opportunities for developing new products or making changes to existing products. Interview customers to discuss their future product requirements, and review published research reports to identify gaps in the market that the company can meet. Establishing market requirements to provide a framework that enables the development team to prepare design proposals based on fact, rather than guesswork. Analyze products and those of competitors, comparing performance and features with current market requirements. Provide the development team with a benchmark for new product performance.
Following a product launch, candidate will monitor its performance in the marketplace. Compare actual sales with forecasts and identify factors, such as pricing, distribution, promotion and competitors’ activities, that may be influencing the success or failure of the launch. Based on findings, recommend changes to the product or marketing strategy.
Before putting product on the market, or to determine what upgrades can help increase sales of an already-developed offering, candidate will interview existing customers and/or potential users to get their feedback. This can be done via conducting focus groups, individual interviews and usability tests as well as anonymous surveys.
In this role, individual must liaise with numerous parties from different departments. Work with marketing departments to explore entering into new market sectors; advise salespeople on a competitive pricing strategy; project the costs of development and launch for the finance department; as well as suggest improvements to the development team.
Provide lifelong product analysis. This responsibility encompasses studying the competition to see what is already on the market, and what upgrades can be introduced to create a better or more useful product. Monitor products performance across different markets, and prepare detailed reports. Monitor products performance on the market to meet or exceed sales projections.
- The ability to conduct market research in specific areas, and analyze customer preferences to determine potential sales of a product or service
- Excellent writing skills to prepare detailed reports
- Ability to synthesize complex data into actionable goals
- Critical thinking skills to recommend original and productive ideas
- Interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with various stakeholders who may have competing interests
- Track and analyze marketing and sales trends, forecasts and prepare reports in order to measure the effectiveness of programs.
· Gather data on competitors and past sales to analyze prices and methods of marketing and distribution.
· Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
· Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
· Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
· Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
· Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
· Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Marketing or product development experience
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are essential to this position
· Strong statistical foundations
· Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
· Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
10+ years in US Agricultural Retail Business
Bachelor's degree in business, finance, marketing, or a related field.
SST offers competitive pay and outstanding benefits including: two weeks paid vacation each year, 401(k) matching, Medical, Vision, Dental, Disability Insurance, Flex Spending Account and Career Development.
About Reed Business Information:
Reed Business Information (RBI) provides information, analytics and data to business professionals worldwide. Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . EEO is the Law . EEO is the Law Supplement