SMG Concessions Beer Tender in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Beer tenders prepare and serve bottled and draft beer to customers in portable locations at the Chesapeake Energy Arena and the Cox Convention Center. This is a part-time/temporary position that is usually scheduled to work after normal business hours. This position requires employee be available for shifts starting at 4:30 pm Monday --Friday.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. All other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Responsible for ensuring compliance with SMG's Nine Steps to Responsible Alcohol Beverage Service to include:
Checking customer's identification in order to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- No more than a 2 drink minimum per person
- No service to intoxicated customer
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons
- Accountable for all physical inventory
- Ability to operate POS cash register
- Maintain accurate cash handling procedures at all times
- Accurate counting of cash and coins.
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned area and bar equipment
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
This position has minimal supervisory responsibilities. In the event supervisory responsibilities are temporarily assigned, they must carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Previous alcohol/beer service preferred
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- At least 21 years of age or older
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Current ABLE commission alcohol beverage permit required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work well with staff members in the facility
- Excellent organizational, communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks
- Ability to maintain a quality product
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Consistently standing and walking.
- Manual dexterity to handle coins and currency
- Repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and fingers.
- Occasional stooping, bending, and lifting.
- Exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally, and /or up to 15 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 5 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- May be exposed to vibrations during events caused by extreme noise.
- May be exposed to strobe lights/lasers during events.
- Moderate to extreme exposure to noise during events.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Travel negligible
- Shifts vary -- Required to work any shift needed (as scheduled)
- Ability to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
APPLY ONLINE AT:
Applicants who need a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process may contact (405) 602-8500.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled