SMG Catering Supervisor in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
POSITION: Catering Supervisor (PT) REPORTS TO: Catering Sales Manager, Assistant Director of F&B, Director of F&B DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage FLSA STATUS: Hourly Non-Exempt
SUMMARY -- Under the direct supervision of the Catering Sales Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring that his/her assigned events and activities are organized and executed providing a high quality catering service for banquets, receptions and events to achieve customer satisfaction and retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Planning, assigning, and directing work for catering employees.
- Maintaining labor costs by adhering to schedules put before them.
- Attention to detail and consistency in every aspect of service is a must
- Position is very hands on with excessive interaction with staff and customers during events.
- Be at work and in proper uniform according to the scheduled time.
- Assist with collecting all banquet equipment to include flatware, china, glassware, and serving pieces needed for each event.
- Requisition food and supplies, as needed during events.
- Assist with preparation and set-up of event room when necessary.
- Attend pre-function meeting for briefing of event details.
- Complies with Health Department rules and regulation.
- Provide friendly and courteous customer service at all times.
- Remain at assigned station and perform duties as assigned according to each event if applicable.
- Inventory Control, to include counting and requisitioning food and supplies, as needed before, during and after the event.
- Breakdown tables and banquet equipment after each event.
- Clean and return catering equipment and serving pieces to proper storage areas
- Adhere to strict grooming standards and policies of company for themselves and the employees
- Responsible for equipment maintenance, appearance and review of physical inventory of all items used for catering and events held at the facilities.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Directly supervises multiple team members in the Food & Beverage Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; assisting in the performance appraisal process; rewarding; addressing complaints and resolving problems in conjunction with department leadership and Human Resources.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE * Minimum of one (2-3) year of work experience in service-oriented environment. * Must be 18 years of age. * Must be eligible to work in the United States * Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES * Must be able to read, write and understand English * Knowledge of catering services and terminology * Ability to get along well with others * Ability to receive and carry out instructions in a timely manner * Must have ability to follow directions and effectively perform the work. * Must have a pleasant personality and a neat appearance. * Strong knowledge of sanitary practices. * Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards. * Work ethic encourages strong urgency and quality in a team environment. * Ability to work with other staff members in the facility. * Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks. * Attention to detail. * Strong orientation to customer service and ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS * Standing and walking for extended periods of time. * Moderate to extreme exposure to noise during events. * Daily lifting up to 50 lbs. multiple times a day.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS * ABLE commission alcohol beverage permit within 30 days
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS * Travel negligible * Shifts vary -- Required to work any shift needed (as scheduled) * Ability to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply online at our website:
Applicants who need a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process may contact (405) 602-8500.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled