SMG Catering Attendant in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
This position is responsible for providing a high quality catering service for banquets and receptions and to achieve customer satisfaction and retention.
- Be at work and in proper uniform according to the scheduled time.
- Follow instructions for each event as given by the Catering Manager and/or Catering Captain.
- Assist with collecting all banquet equipment to include flatware, china, glassware, and serving pieces needed for each event.
- Assist with preparing garnishes, beverages, condiments, and breads.
- Assist with cleaning and filling salt and pepper containers, sugar dishes, creamers, etc.
- Assist with preparation and set-up of event room when necessary.
- Prepare tables with place settings as instructed by the Catering Manager and/or Catering Captain.
- Attend pre-function meeting for briefing of event details.
- Provide friendly and courteous customer service at all times.
- Remain at assigned station and perform duties as assigned according to each event.
- Report any customer concerns and/or complaints to Catering Captain or Catering Manager.
- Breakdown tables and banquet equipment after each event.
- Clean and return serving pieces to proper storage area.
- Adhere to strict grooming standards and policies of company.
- Perform other duties as assigned and deemed necessary.
This position has minimal supervisory responsibilities. In the event supervisory responsibilities are temporarily assigned, they must carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum of one (1) year of work experience in customer service-oriented environment required
- Two (2) or more years prior food service experience preferred.
Knowledge of catering services and terminology
Must have ability to follow directions and effectively perform the work.
- Must have a pleasant personality and a neat appearance.
- Must speak and understand English well enough to converse with customers, supervisors and employees.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Positive, customer service oriented attitude at all times.
- Strong knowledge of sanitary practices.
- Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards.
- Work ethic encourages strong urgency and quality in a team environment.
- Ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks at same time.
Attention to detail.
Strong guest services skills
- Ability to get along well with others
- Ability to receive and carry out instructions in a timely manner
CERTIFICATES, LICESNSE, REGISTRATIONS
- None required
- None required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Constant standing and walking
- Manual dexterity to handle food service items such as utensils, dishes, food items, etc.
- Frequent lifting/pushing/pulling objects up to 10-15 lbs, occasionally lifting/pushing/pulling objects up to 30 lbs, rarely lifting/pushing/pulling objects up to 100 lbs (with assistance)
- Moderate to extreme exposure to noise during events.
- May be exposed to vibrations during events caused by extreme noise.
- May be exposed to strobe lights/lasers during events.
- May require working inside and/or outside of building with exposure to extreme heat or weather conditions
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- This position requires the ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
- Travel negligible
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
APPLY ONLINE AT:
Applicants who need a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process may contact (405) 602-8500.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled