SMG Building Service Worker in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
SUMMARY -- Under the direct supervision of the Operations Management this position will perform various physical tasks to set-up and tear-down equipment and materials for arena and convention center events, as well as, clean and maintain the facility and provide other operational tasks as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Prepares facility for shows including chairs, stages, tables and other equipment as assigned.
- Participates in the installation of basketball courts, ice surfaces, subfloors, and retractable seating as required for the event.
- Performs exterior cleaning of plaza and steps.
- Cleans interior and exterior glass.
- Disposes of all waste, including bulk trash removal from building in all areas.
- Cleans and sanitizes restrooms.
- Sweep & mop areas and shampoo carpets as assigned or needed.
- Clean and maintain all areas as assigned.
- Reads, understands event work orders.
- Coordinates work with all operations sections
- Maintains a safe working environment.
- Attends to and conforms to the policies established by SMG in the successful performance of this position.
- Operate forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts and company vehicles.
- Uses equipment as required upon completion of training in safe manner and as directed by operational standards i.e. forklifts, scrubbers, scissor lifts, boom lifts, etc.
- Work on special projects as needed.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This position has limited supervisory responsibilities for employees in the operations department. Carries out any temporarily assigned supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Prior conversion and/or event experience in an arena, convention center or other similar public assembly facility preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, alone, or with or without direct supervision.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to follow written and or verbal instruction.
- Must be physically able to bend, stoop, walk up stairs and work from lifts, ladders for extended periods of time as needed.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Moderate to extreme exposure to noise during events.
- Daily lifting up to 50 lbs. multiple times a day.
- Eye-hand-foot coordination.
- Hearing sufficient to clearly hear voices, alarms, bells and horns.
- Must possess any licenses, certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operation of the equipment found in the facility
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Minimal proficiency computer skills including the ability to operate standard office equipment such as computers, fax machines, phone, etc.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Travel negligible
- Shifts vary -- Required to work any shift needed (as scheduled)
- Ability to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
APPLY ONLINE AT:
No Phone Calls
Applicants who need a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process may contact (405) 602-8500.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled