SSM Health Behavioral Health Specialist in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Under supervision and in collaboration with other mental health care professionals, assist in performing a variety of Center of Behavioral Medicine activities for patients.
- Organizes and initiates the daily schedule with assigning staff tasks on unit(s). Assist clinical staff and milieu staff in treatment program and milieu activities as delegated. Ensure patient safety and compliance with established policies.
- Act as an advisor for strategic therapeutic interventions or acts as an advisor of the therapeutic intervention to reduce therapeutic holds on the unit. Attends all treatment team meetings, when applicable, and works with nurses and therapists. Act as a voice for the Mental Health Technicians, reporting improved/problem behaviors of patients on unit.
- Provide assessment and intervention for all high acuity issues, patient crises, or therapeutic holds that arise on the shift. Provide post debriefing of patient crises and therapeutic holds.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development and proficiency in assessing, treating, and caring for patients according to their age-specific needs. Apply knowledge of group dynamics in participating in therapeutic groups and maintaining the milieu.
- Utilize/demonstrate Behavior management philosophy of the Center of Behavioral Medicine. Maintain and enhance professional clinical skills and remain current in program techniques and technologies as the Mental Health Technician role develops and changes.
- Receive patient care assignments from Charge Nurse in charge of unit. Initiate delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in performing program activities for patient population served. Apprise Charge Nurse of any changes in patient condition, of patient complaints and of patient/significant other educational needs.
- Participate in the program by collecting data for assessment and reassessment, give input into the patient care plan, implement interventions and assist in evaluation of patient/significant other response to care and patient outcomes. Clearly and legibly document and report accurate information to the clinical staff for analysis and validation.
- Orient new patients and significant others to the program and prepare patients for discharge and accompany them upon dismissal as indicated. Participate in the orientation of new employees on unit activities and procedures.
- Perform mechanical and manual operation of equipment as recommended in the user manual with ability to recognize common mechanical problems and initiate corrective action or notify nurse in charge. Utilize automated processes and clinical information systems appropriately and efficiently. As delegated, transport patients in a designated hospital vehicle to and from specific program activities. Ensure compliance with hospital, city, and state rules and regulations.
- Facilitate group social skills functions of the milieu. Facilitate task functions of the milieu such as resident community meetings and/or patient psycho educational functions.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Five years related mental health aide experience.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver).
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must possess high school diploma or GED or obtain within one year of employment in this position.
- CAPE training and any unit specific training must be completed in accordance with the unit policies and procedures.
About SSM St. Anthony's Hospital
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national health care organizations.
Req ID: 18004231
Primary Location: Oklahoma-Oklahoma City-St. Anthony Hospital
St. Anthony Hospital (0040) 1000 N. Lee Ave Oklahoma City, 73102
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 73102
Call Rotation: Full Time, Evenings
Normal work hours: Clinical Support & Technical Services
Job: St. Anthony Hospital
Organization: St. Anthony Hospital
Weekend Rotation: 3pm-11pm
Work Locations: St. Anthony Hospital (0040) 1000 N. Lee Ave Oklahoma City, 73102