Johnson Controls Machine Operator I/Press Brake in Norman, Oklahoma
RESPONSIBILITY LEVEL: Set-up equipment, tooling and controls. Operate machine to fabricate specified sheet metal parts within very close tolerances.
- PRINCIPAL DUTIES:*//
- In addition to the duties and/or responsibilities of Machine Operators II & III, perform the following:
- Obtain route sheet from set up person or Supervisor.
- Verify its information, making corrections as necessary.
- Work from blue prints, set up book and die sheets.
- Determine correct starting points and sequence of bends forindicated operations.
- Determine from blue print drawing, length of dies needed for type of bend, and position dies in machine.
- Check die specified for materialsuitability for material thickness.
- Set shut height with crank, set controls and adjust or change fingers as required.
- Set stops and adjust to compensate as required for variations in material and preceding operations.
- Position piece parts to stops and perform the prescribed sequence of operations to bend, form, and flatten, etc., to numerous sizes and thicknesses of sheet metal.
- Periodically check work for dimension, squareness, angular dimensions.
Submit work for inspection by quality control.
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have press brake experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints with 3-dimensional drawings, where some dimensions have to be calculated.
- Use of decimals, fractions, scales, additions, subtraction, multiplication.
- Familiarity with and understanding of sheet metal stretches related to material thickness and angular dimensions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform theessential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform theessential functions. Very repetitive work. On feet 80 percent of time. Continuous pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying of heavy and/or bulky sheet metal parts required. Weight amounts may vary from 5 pounds to 50 pounds, any amount over 50 pounds requires physical or mechanical help.Rotating of upper body to lift, move and positions parts to and from machine and completed parts bin. Repetitive motion of hands, wrists, elbows and shoulders. Ability to reach overhead, above shoulder and/or chest level to place parts and dies in machine. Concentrated mental attention required to perform calculations and set up machine. Continuous visual demand to position parts in machine safely and efficiently. Mental/visual attention required to perform set-up. Must be able to recognize machine difficulties quickly and take action to stop machine.
Job: *Manufacturing Operations
Organization: *Bldg Technologies & Solutions
Title: Machine Operator I/Press Brake
Requisition ID: 152572